The mission of the Foundation for Laughter is to inspire laughter through education, outreach and performance. Slappy and Monday’s Foundation for Laughter is a federally registered, non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization.
Tiffany Riley and Dick Monday
Slappy and Monday have taken their style of educational clowning worldwide, from schools to hospitals and refugee camps. Additionally, they train performers on many other styles of physical comedy performance.
They host annual training sessions in New York and Dallas, and have trained clowns for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey and the Big Apple Circus.
The duo are cherished performers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, having provided top-notch professional programming to hundreds of thousands of children for nearly 20 years. They conduct performances for the Dallas Children’s Theatre, and created the therapeutic clowning program Funnyatrics at Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas, and at Children's Medical Center in Dallas.
They also have traveled internationally, performing in China, Jordan, Mexico and Japan. Bookings have included:
- The Kennedy Center
- Parkland Hospital
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey
- Lincoln Center
- Big Apple Circus
- Learning Leaders
- Guiding Lights
- Carnegie Hall
- Circo Atayde Hermanos
- International Children’s Festival – Wolftrap
- Dallas Children’s Theatre
- Camp John Marc
- Camp Sanguinity
- Camp I Thonka Chi
- Camp Reynal
- Dallas Independent School District
- Sea World
- Children’s Health
- Out of the Loop Festival
- NYC International Fringe Festival
- Cook Children’s Hospital
- Galleria Dallas
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors includes business professionals, health care professionals and experts in theatre, circus and the Dallas arts world.
- Kathy Beazley, owner of KRB Communications
- Laurie Holloway, senior director of communications/marketing, Dallas Zoo
- Dr. Steven Jones, founding Artistic Director of the Lyric Stage
- Martha T. Quigley, LMSW, emerita
- Dr. Raymond Quigley, Professor of Pediatrics at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Joy and Dale Riley, creators of The Irving Ballet Company
- Amy Rosenthal, director, McKinney Performing Arts Center
- Greg Wright, founder of Catalyst Equipment